one-day family welfare conference
October 28 from 9am-3:15pm at Westside Family Church (8500 Woodsonia Dr)
Foster, adoptive, and kinship parents are invited to attend KFAPA’s one-day regional
conference. You will be empowered and educated to maximize the impact you can have in the life of the children in your care. You can attain training hours at the one-day
conference. Lunch is provided, and childcare is available!
- 9:15 = Registration & Childcare open
- 10:00-12:00 = Session 1 (2 different workshop choices)
- 12:15-1:00 = 'Lunch & Learn'
- 1:15-3:15 = Session 2 (2 different workshop choices)
- 3:30 = Childcare closes
topics and speakers include:
- “Parent to Parent: When Trauma is Our Child’s Story” with Jennifer Decker
(Director of Network 1.27)
- “Introduction to Consious Discipline” with Lisa Payne (Early Childhood Disabilities Itinerant Teacher)
- “Talking with Kids About Sex” with Vanessa Sanburn (Exec. Dir. of Let’s Talk)
- Lunch and Learn with Claire Hickey, MD (Director of the Foster Care Medical Clinic at Children’s Mercy Hospital)
'Strong and stable families' couples retreat (from k-parc)
Kansas Post Adoption Resource Center’s (K-PARC) Strong and Stable Families
Couples Retreat is a free, two-day relationship and parent education program that
will help you remember why you wanted to be a family! Parenting is hard work.
The retreat is an opportunity to have fun with other good-hearted parents like you
and learn some new skills to make family life more rewarding.
November 11-12 | Wichita | DOWNLOAD FLYER
parent leadership conference
SAVE THE DATE for the annual Parent Leadership Conference October 13-14 at the Downtown Ramada Hotel & Convention Center in Topeka, KS. This year, the conference will include breakout sessions, speakers, child care and more.
Foster/Adoptive Parent Support Group
A support group for foster, adoptive, and kinship parents on the second Saturday of every month at Mill Creek Community Church.
7825 Gleason Rd. Shawnee, KS 66227
For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.